You know those meals that leave you feeling happy all over while eating and after eating it? Those are usually an indication that they probably not that healthy for you, but this one isn’t too bad. When I was growing up my gran would make her famous sausage stew, and THAT is what I felt like and craved yesterday. Of course though when you small you don’t know what ingredients are in it, so I just improvised, but the results were delicious.
- 8x Pork sausages
- 1x red onion
- 1x red/green pepper
- 1x carrot, sliced
- 1x tinned tomato
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Mixed herbs
- Turn your pan onto medium heat, drizzle a bit of Olive oil into the pan.
- Place your pork sausages into the pan, watch them and keep turning them every so often until they are cooked through. Usually takes about 10 minutes. Once cooked through, place them into a separate bowl.
- Dice up your onion and cut the pepper, carrot and mushrooms into thin strips.
- Place the onion, pepper, mushrooms and carrot into the same pan and sauce the ingredients until they are cooked through and shiny. Place the tin of tomato into the ingredients and mix together.
- Put 1-2 tsp of bisto into the mixture and stir. Leave the pan to simmer for a few minutes until you start to see the mixture becoming more like a thickened sauce. If you would like it thinner add some water to the mixture, a bit at a time until it turns into a consistency that you are happy with.
- Add in the pork sausages and enjoy on basmati rice.
*This meal made dinner for Andrew and I as well as lunch the next day*
*You can add in different ingredients! Whatever you want really – some suggestion might be: kidney, butter or black beans, potatoes, butternut, corn etc.