- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, olive oil, or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dates, finely diced
- Puree the cashews and dates together in a food processor for about 2 minutes, until very finely diced and thoroughly blended.
- Add wet ingredients to the processor (shortening, eggs, vanilla), puree until smooth and blended.
- Add dry ingredients to the processor (coconut and almond flours, baking soda and salt), pulse until just combined.
- Empty out mixture into mixing bowl and fold in remaining ingredients (raisins, sliced almonds, pecans and diced dates)
- Roll into tablespoon size balls and put on a lined or greased cookie sheet. Flaten with the palms of your hands and bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cookies are done when slighly brown – they will still be soft in the center. Let sit on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack, they will firm up during this time.
Recipe credit: Paleo parents: www.paleoparents.com
Please like & share: