I love a quick and easy dessert that does not require any baking. These clusters are so rich and dark that just one is satisfying enough!
Prep time: 12 minutes, plus 30 minutes refrigeration time
- 1x dark chocolate slab, chopped
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil/olive oil/palm shortening
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and place another pot on top, creating a double boiler. Slowly melt the chocolate and shortening together, stirring constantly. Stir in the maple syrup/honey and vanilla essence. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Stir the almonds into the chocolate, then spoon mounds onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt. Place in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes, until hardened. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, otherwise can be frozen.
Recipe credit: Danielle Walkers Meals Made Simple book